Version 5.0 (Palm OS and Windows Mobile) 2/10/09
- Feature: Added podcast directory and support for downloading podcasts
directly to your phone. Podcasts can be scheduled to download
automatically. Podcasts can be played while they are being downloaded.
Podcasts can be automatically deleted after listening.
- Feature: Added support for streaming WMA stations.
- Feature: Added support for scrobbling your tracks with Last.fm. (#5722)
- Feature: Added support for syncing music with iTunes. Now works with
both Palm OS and Windows Mobile. Many improvements, including better
synchronization, transfer of album art, and much more.
- Feature: Pocket Tunes now automatically remembers the last position for ALL
of your audiobooks and podcasts without having to create a bookmark.
- Feature: Support for PNG format album art. (#3908)
- Enhancement: While using 5.0 trial, you can still see your 4.X reg code,
making it easier to purchase a discounted upgrade. (#4013)
- Enhancement: (Palm OS only, not a problem on WinMo) Enabled asynchronous
DNS lookups when connecting to the network, greatly reducing lagginess
when listening to radio and downloading podcasts. (#6009)
- Enhancement: When song/podcast titles are too long to fit on the Choose
Songs screen, truncate the middle so that you can see the last 8
characters, which usually hold an episode number. (#5923)
- Enhancement: Prevent too-often prompting to connect to the Internet. (#5910)
- Enhancement: Detect if the mute switch is on and show a warning. (#4724)
- Enhancement: Detect WMA formats that we don't support (WMA Professional,
Voice, etc.) and show an error. (#4071)
- Enhancement: Show a prompt when receiving a radio station from another
device so it does not automatically interrupt your current song. (#4269)
- Enhancement: Songs are now sorted by album and then track when using
Select All from the root of Choose Songs or from an Artist folder. (#5657)
- Enhancement: You can now exclude built-in songs from Pocket Tunes by
deleting them. (#3287)
- Enhancement: After a playlist finishes, we now go back to the first song
so you can simply hit play to play it again. (#2446)
- Enhancement: "Enable phone side buttons" preference now enables/disables
both volume and play/pause buttons. (#2921)
- Enhancement: Remember scroll/selection position when navigating up in the
Choose Songs screen. (#4769)
- Enhancement: Scrollbars on skins now scroll by a page if you tap
above/below the slider. (#3848)
- Enhancement: Dramatically improved album art resampling so it looks much
- Enhancement: (WinMo only, NAB on Palm OS) Improve responsiveness when
scanning through DRM songs. (#5360)
- Modification: Removed first-time welcome dialog and added Purchase button
to Palm OS version. (#4092)
- Bug fix: Fix problem where playlists were not loading after a crash or
device reset. (#4681)
- Bug fix: (WinMo only, not a bug on Palm OS) You can now delete the
currently-playing song. (#6088)
- Bug fix: (WinMo only) Delete menu item grayed out in Choose Songs screen
when not relevant (#6022)
- Bug fix: (WinMo only, not a bug on Palm OS) Reduce font size when playing
tracks over 1 hr (#5668)
- Bug fix: (WinMo only, NAB on Palm OS) Fixed freeze loading certain skins. (#5689)
- Bug fix: Certain web servers are broken and don't handle hostname:80, so
we now omit :80. (#5983)
- Bug fix: (Palm OS only, NAB on WinMo) Fix hang opening a file with an
invalid APIC ID3 tag. (#5705)
- Bug fix: Fix MTP bug on Palm OS where GetObjectInfo returned the wrong
parent handle. (#5674)
- Bug fix: Fix hang with certain badly-formatted ASF/WMA files. (#3741)
- Bug fix: Change title of Playlists dialog to Manage Playlists on WinMo. (#5476)
- Bug fix: Work around ShoutCast streams that send single quotes in song
titles, which is technically unsupported. (#3188)
- Bug fix: Rearrange advanced preferences so they look nicer on Treo. (#2768)
- Bug fix: After a pause and seek, we now clear the audio buffer so you no
longer hear a blurp from the previous position. (#1515)
- Bug fix: Improve estimation of MP3 running time on files with large album
- Bug fix: Fix playback of very long AAC files. (#5659)
- Bug fix: Fix bug ordering tracks alphabetically when inserting an SD
- Bug fix: Fix Palm OS installer bug where it wouldn't work if you
unchecked Pocket Tunes. (#4831)
- Bug fix: Playlists created in WinAmp now work properly. (#4318)
- Bug fix: Select all now works from top of Internet Radio in Choose Songs. (#3846)
- Bug fix: (WinMo only, NAB on Palm OS) Fix skip when seeking with the
on-screen slider. (#5643)
- Bug fix: (WinMo only, NAB on Palm OS) Stretch album art to full screen
- Bug fix: (Palm OS only, NAB on WinMo) Fix potential crash when
rebuffering when streaming Internet radio. (#4842)
- Bug fix: Fix brief static that sometimes occurred when seeking MP3. (#3453)
- Bug fix: Re-scan songs whose modification dates have been changed. (#1908)
- Bug fix: (WinMo only, NAB on Palm OS) Pocket Tunes now properly stops
doing stuff when the screen is off to save power. (#5632)
- Bug fix: Use higher-res icons on Choose Songs screen for VGA WinMo
- Bug fix: (WinMo only) Fix problem with full-screen album art view not
refreshing under some circumstances. (#5488)
- Bug fix: Fix references to mobile page in Plugins tips. (#5586)
- Bug fix: (WinMo only, NAB on Palm OS) Fix problem with some streams
showing ??? for the format and 0 for the year with a skin that shows this
- Bug fix: Improve error message when copying built-in skin fails. (#5483)
- Bug fix: (WinMo only) Fix using 5-way nav to change song position in all
- Bug fix: (WinMo only) Fix volume change when clicking volume slider. (#5642)
- Bug fix: (Palm OS only) Fix sorting of songs that start with symbols. (#4078)
- Bug fix: (Palm OS) Fix navigation on External media prefs. (#4701)
Version 4.1.1 (Windows Mobile only) 8/6/08
- Enhancement: Skins screen now has a menu option to go to the skins page
to download more skins (#5569)
- Enhancement: VGA skin now included by default (#5549)
- Enhancement: 320x320 skin now included by default (#5568)
- Bug fix: Can now turn off screen on pro devices while DRM track is playing
- Bug fix: Detect corrupt skin files and don't load them (#5505)
- Bug fix: Extensions that are primarily for video files (3g2, 3gp, mp4) are
no longer registered to be handled by Pocket Tunes by default (#5509)
- Bug fix: Fix crash/hang that could occur when Updating Library with files
with Asian characters (#5550)
- Bug fix: Add a warning if the device screen size is not supported by
any included skins (#5501)
- Bug fix: Respect system volume is now ON by default, due to some
strange bugs in some WinMo implementations that cause problems with this
option on some devices (#5557)
- Bug fix: Properly display "Soul" genre when loading ID3 tags (#5566)
- Bug fix: Properly reset IA-IZ and CA-CZ variables on skin load (#5564)
- Bug fix: Fix resource leak when invalid skin files are on the device. (#5543)
- Bug fix: Pocket Tunes Sync for iTunes was not detecting some storage
cards on non-English devices (#5510)
- Bug fix: Tapping on media types checkbox now works as expected (#5522)
- Bug fix: Fix problem displaying song info on tracks without album art (#5513)
- Bug fix: Fix cut-off text on Advanced prefs and Bluetooth prefs for
240x240 and 240x320 devices (#5405)
- Bug fix: Slider control on skin jumps randomly when used with stylus (#5493)
- Bug fix: Fix rare issue with power management on Pro devices when playing
non-DRM tracks (#5507)
Version 4.1.0 (Windows Mobile only) 5/31/08
- Feature: Now supports Windows Mobile 5 and 6!
All versions prior to 4.1 were for Palm OS only.
Version 4.0.7 5/30/08
- Bug fix: Turn on backup bit for pTunes program so it gets backed up by\
default during a HotSync (#4807)
- Bug fix: Improve updating from in-ROM versions (#5027)
- Bug fix: Fix parsing of Genre tags from some MP3 files (#4938)
- Bug fix: Change resource IDs to prevent rare crash on Centro (#5224)
Version 4.0.6 1/14/08
- Enhancement: Add copy protected indicator on Song Info screen (#4653)
- Bug fix: Improve layout of .zip file (#4649)
- Bug fix: Make menu name for external media prefs consistent (#4666)
- Bug fix: Improve error message when device has no storage cards when
using MTP (#4640)
- Bug fix: Fix MTP protocol error causing problems with libmtp on Linux/Mac (#4733)
- Bug fix: Remove ".pla" from the names of transfered playlists (#3114)
- Bug fix: Fix crash when certain forms (e.g. incoming SMS) overlay the
popup console (#4651)
Version 4.0.5 11/6/07
- Feature: Allow user to prevent Pocket Tunes from handling specific media
types by default (#4097)
- Enhancement: Faster startup time
- Enhancement: Improved MTP transfer speed with some SD cards (#4108)
- Enhancement: Run installer on Palm automatically when needed (#4126)
- Enhancement: When a WMA file contains an "Album Artist" tag use it as
the Artist (#4007)
- Enhancement: Allow operation when UDMH is active (#4114)
- Enhancement: Allow for proper downgrades from future versions (#4092)
- Enhancement: No longer need to install pnoJpegLib, which was conflicting
with other applications on the device
- Bug fix: Sharing Internet radio stations by beaming did not work on
some devices (#4143)
- Bug fix: Force WMP to detect changes in capability after Deluxe upgrade
- Bug fix: Properly handle genres that start with a digit (#3940)
- Bug fix: Certain M4A files did not play (#4141)
- Bug fix: Certain corrupted WMA files caused a crash (#4111)
- Bug fix: Prevent possible crash on Manage Playlists form (#4139)
- Bug fix: Improve error message when Pocket Tunes can't load (#4079)
- Bug fix: Fix problem extracting tags from some .m4a files (#4059)
- Bug fix: Fix improper handling of exchange manager requests in Basic and
Bundle modes (#4069)
- Bug fix: Properly handle more requests to open playlists via exchange
- Bug fix: Improve error handling after failing to connect to an internet
radio station (#4027)
- Bug fix: Avoid some warnings after installation on Vista (#4057)
- Bug fix: Allow opening of AAC files via Exchange Manager (#3925, #4268)
- Bug fix: Fix crash on some devices when turning off phone while streaming (#4046)
- Bug fix: Fix redraw problem with sliders on old devices (#4058)
- Bug fix: Fix hang when disconnecting during file transfer (#4148, #4202)
- Bug fix: Fix crash when opening files from Files application (#4552)
- Bug fix: Fix crash when streaming a station with too high of a bitrate (#4475)
- Bug fix: Fix crash with pics & video app on some phones (#4441)
- Bug fix: pTunes was not resuming after a phone call in some cases (#4300)
- Bug fix: Fix Device Unrecognized error on Vista (#4317)
- Bug fix: Fix rare skipping due to crossfade when turning off screen (#4270)
- Bug fix: Fix debug assertion when pressing keys while viewing album art (#4265)
- Bug fix: Fix case where screen could stay on indefinitely when music is
not playing on Treo 680 and later devices (#4266)
- Bug fix: Fix WMA files showing up with 0:00 duration (#2243)
- Bug fix: Fix potential interference with network connection in other apps (#3751)
- Bug fix: Fix improper display of non-square album art (#3872, #4239)
- Bug fix: Fix "i18n error" that could occur on Song Info scren for certain
WMA files (#4246)
- Bug fix: Be sure pTunes is registered to handle audio files even if
launched via an API call (#4231, #4232)
- Bug fix: Fix uncommon memory leak when crossfade turned on (#4215)
- Bug fix: Greatly improve seeking and position indication for low
samplerate files (#4209, #4223)
- Bug fix: Fix crash playing uncommon format of AAC file (#4213)
- Bug fix: Ensure screen doesn't turn off when scanning for songs (#4212)
- Bug fix: Ignore key up events leaked from 3rd-party popup apps (#4205)
- Bug fix: Greatly improve responsiveness of device and error reporting
when trying to find a playable track in a large playlist of tracks that
can't be played (#4204)
- Bug fix: Fixed crash with empty playlist in playlists screen and on some
skins (#4139, #4214)
- Bug fix: Fix decoding of certain AAC files that never finished playing (#4211)
- Bug fix: Fix rare redraw problem and potential crash when transfering
- Bug fix: Fix problem when sublaunchable picker is used via the API before
running pTunes once (#4197)
- Bug fix: Fix crash on exit on some devices (Tungsten E) (#4178, #4193)
- Bug fix: Fix crash pressing Home button while in a 2nd-layer dialog on
Internet Radio screen (#4181)
- Bug fix: Fix uncommon 80004005 error transfering DRM tracks from Napster (#4162)
- Bug fix: Sometimes pTunes did not respond to the first button press after
starting up (#4158)
- Bug fix: Fix reading ID3 tags on AAC files not contained in an MP4
container. Also improve seeking, bitrate, and song duration for these
- Bug fix: Fixed crash that could occur after doing a ROM update while
pTunes 4.X is installed. (#4003)
- Bug fix: Fixed a number of cases where Pocket Tunes would retain an alarm
or ringtone program's audio file instead of the audio file you were playing
most recently (#1687)
- Bug fix: Fixed incorrect positioning on low-res skin (#3918)
- Bug fix: Ensure device does not stay on after failing to connect to Internet
radio stream using Pocket Tunes Basic (#4585)
- Bug fix: Ensure Pocket Tunes closes sockets properly when using Basic (#4069)
- Bug fix: Some WMA files were not displaying album art (#4083)
- Bug fix: Correctly interpret metadata on 3gp aac files (#4180)
- Bug fix: Fixed redraw problem with skins that show album art when the song
does not have album art available (#4049)
- Bug fix: Remove Sony CLIE question during installer (#3913)
- Bug fix: Ensure that screen does not turn off when scanning through a song (#4159)
- Bug fix: Fixed drawing problem with very small (< 2x2) and very large album art (#4060)
- Bug fix: Removed reference to T3 from readme.txt and installation files (#3937)
- Bug fix: Fixed redraw problem switching between album art of different
aspect ratios (#3592)
- Bug fix: After about 6 failed tries to connect to Internet radio, stop trying
to connect and allow the device to go to sleep (#4390)
- Bug fix: Deleting a playlist from WMP11 was not always deleting the contents
when requested (#4316)
- Bug fix: Removed unnecessary info about "new hardware wizard" from installer (#4118)
- Bug fix: Fixed reset using Save/Save and Play from WiFile (#4025)
- Bug fix: Improve error message when trying to connect to Internet radio
using Pocket Tunes Basic (#3813)
- Localization: Improve translation of "skin" in Chinese (#4560)
- Localization: Various Italian translation fixes (#4291, #4290, #4292)
- Localization: Various German and Portuguese fixes (#4293, #4294, #4295)
- Localization: Various Spanish translation fixes (#4254, #4255)
- Enhancement: Customers with devices that have Pocket Tunes in the ROM
can now update to 4.0.3 and continue using Pocket Tunes after the trial
expires. This enables Vista and Windows Media Player 11 compatibility. (#4048)
- Feature: Re-add support for screen blanking on Zodiac devices (#3921)
- Enhancement: Support MTP communication with Windows Media Player 11.
- Bug fix: Fix memory error launching some Internet Radio stations from
Blazer on Treo 700p, 680 (#4020)
- Bug fix: Pocket Tunes v1 skins show up blank (#3886)
- Bug fix: Internet Radio station name sometimes gets corrupted (#3891)
- Bug fix: Crashes on unsupported Sony devices (#3892)
- Bug fix: Cancelling from first-time welcome screen doesn't set trial
- Bug fix: Some skins can freeze the device when Fonts4OS5, FontSmoother,
or PiLoc is installed (#3898, #3912)
- Bug fix: Too many timeout errors loading Internet Radio stations (#3900)
- Bug fix: Scrolling text areas don't scroll at constant speed (#3905)
- Bug fix: Fix crash and prevent reset loop on Treo 600 (#3916)
- Feature: Enhanced Internet radio tuner
- Feature: Network-updatable Internet radio station catalog
- Feature: AAC- and aacPlus-encoded music is now supported (#1009)
- Feature: Album art stored in metadata tags and within music folders is
now supported on skin (#1816)
- Feature: Album art is now displayed in the Song Info
- Feature: Full-screen album art display that updates when the currently
playing song changes
- Feature: Volume boost now utilizes audio compression to improve audio
- Feature: New Pocket Tunes skin with support for album art
- Feature: Allow sharing of Internet radio links via IR, Bluetooth, or
- Feature: Choose Songs screen allows you to browse Internet Radio catalog
groups and stations (#2635)
- Enhancement: Provide ability to enter registration code in welcome
- Enhancement: Continue playing past tracks that cannot be played due to
some error (#3407)
- Enhancement: Create "jump to" mode for skin slider widgets
- Enhancement: Improve skin refresh handling when a control becomes
- Enhancement: Increase frequency of network reads to help prevent
skipping during start of streaming playback
- Enhancement: Tell user to restart Pocket Tunes when upgrading or
- Enhancement: Determine stream content from returned MIME type (#3628)
- Enhancement: Add StringSongPosition and StringSongPositionCountdown skin
- Enhancement: Show M3U playlists as expandable on skin, always expand PLS
playlists to better support file sharing services (#3733, #3460))
- Enhancement: Change formatting of StringSongLength to HHH:MM:SS, instead
- Enhancement: On upgrade from 3.X, select SleekBlue skin if installed
- Enhancement: On upgrade from 3.X, set Choose Songs screen back to top
level of All view (#3792)
- Enhancement: Improve handling of of song files that crash the device
- Bug fix: Redraw song title in mini console after ignored phone call
- Bug fix: Fix volume boost on mono files (#3215)
- Bug fix: Avoid reset of T3 when both Ogg Vorbis and WAV plugins are
- Bug fix: Save files from Blazer to correct location (#3443)
- Bug fix: Fix incorrect StringSongTitleAndComments information when skin
control not visible during song change (#2430)
- Bug fix: Make splash screen background transparent (#2537)
- Bug fix: Support additional MP3 and Ogg Vorbis tags for acquiring the
year of a song (#2419)
- Bug fix: Synchronize metadata display better when streaming low-bitrate
- Bug fix: Clean up text on Copy to PC Prefs form (#3158)
- Bug fix: Fix memory leaks in MTP communication (#3324, #3561)
- Bug fix: Fix memory leaks if USB port open fails (#3587)
- Bug fix: On T|X, copy skin to SD card first, not builtin VFS volume
- Bug fix: Fix display of automatic playlist name in Palm skin (#3651)
- Bug fix: Fix handle leak in playlist code (#3618)
- Bug fix: Fix potential memory leak in form display processing (#3610)
- Bug fix: Fix memory leak when trying to open an MP3 URL with invalid
- Bug fix: When expanding a playlist, inherit parent station name so
display is correct (#3518)
- Bug fix: Fix memory leak if user decides not to reset device when
installing USB Helper (#3689)
- Bug fix: Fix buffer overrun on receiving file via Exchange Manager with
an extension of more than 3 characters (#3699)
- Bug fix: Clean up text on installer dialog (#3652)
- Bug fix: Improve message for expansion card removed (#3656)
- Bug fix: Display correct info when console popped up for streaming
- Bug fix: Prevent Edit menu from immediately closing when focus isn't on
text field (#1967)
- Bug fix: Don't show non-playable files such as 100.asx (#3557)
- Bug fix: Fix interference with HotSync after reset or crash on certain
- Bug fix: Correctly identify playlists returned from PHP URLs for
services like Ampache (#3342)
- Bug fix: Fix problem where on exit and restart, sometimes Pocket Tunes
would change to playing a different song (#3439)
- Bug fix: Make sure skin redraws after auto-off while menu displayed
- Bug fix: Improve calculation of bitrate (#3735)
- Bug fix: Prevent hang when playing very short files (#3645)
- Bug fix: Allow use of 5-way for scrolling Song Info screen (#3687)
- Localization: FR: Fix text clipping in Check for Updates dialog (#2473)
- Localization: TC: Fix clipped field labels on Crossfade Prefs screen
- Bug fix: Fix incorrect behavior playing MP3 on PXA25x devices.
- Enhancement: Eliminate or reduce skipping when certain other
applications are running (reported on Treo 700p) (#3246, #3338)
- Enhancement: Allow Pocket Tunes Deluxe to run on Chinese T|X with CJKOS
- Bug fix: Multiple bug fixes for improved operation with WMP 11 Beta 2
(still not officially supported).
- Bug fix: Fix popup of console with 5-way button on T5, T|X, and
- Bug fix: Allow Treo 700p to stream from M3U files served from a port
other than 80 (#3288)
- Bug fix: Fix bug where once the device goes to sleep the skin is only
refreshed once every 30 seconds (#3325)
- Bug fix: Fix some cases where Pocket Tunes would not be registered to
handle streaming (#3278)
- Bug fix: Fix streaming of files with album art in their ID3 tags (#3279)
- Bug fix: Fix crash when streaming some MP3 streams (#3269)
- Bug fix: Improve "jump to entry" keyboard processing in Choose Songs
- Bug fix: Improve interaction with KeyLock (#2847)
- Bug fix: Eliminate keyboard flashing on Treo 700p when doing MTP
communication or playing DRM music (#3255)
- Bug fix: Don't crash when an application sends a poorly-formatted "[playlist]"
entry in PLS files (#3341, #3269)
- Bug fix: Improve song database scanning performance when using an OTA
version of Pocket Tunes (#3367)
- Bug fix: Eliminate crash on Tungsten E when HotSync button is pressed
and cable is not connected (#3208)
- Modification: Due to licensing requirements, remove WMA from trial
- Bug fix: Improve skipping on Treo 700p (#3246)
- Bug fix: Fixed problem with certain playlists and bookmarks that
contained streaming audio URLs (#3161, #3168)
- Bug fix: Fixed problem with Check for Updates reporting wrong
product upgrade eligibility sometimes (#3152)
- Bug fix: Fixed crash when running some applications when low battery
- Bug fix: Fixed problem with excessive hard disk access on LifeDrive (#2815)
- Feature: Highlight repeat and shuffle state on menu.
- Feature: Added support for StyleTap software,
enabling support for running Pocket Tunes on Pocket PC devices, including
Treo 700w (#2892)
- Feature: Added ability to shutdown Pocket Tunes
completely via the API (#1810)
- Enhancement: Better error reporting of MTP errors
- Enhancement: Added option to delete licenses (#2808)
- Enhancement: Display message when you upgrade from
SanDisk-specific version (#2736)
- Enhancement: Added ability to show plugins form from
- Enhancement: Improve error message when unable to
play audio file (#2811)
- Enhancement: Display a warning message if you try to
connect to the PC without anywhere to store the music (#2843)
- Enhancement: Dramatically rework handling of PLS
files. They are now handled like a normal playlist and can be edited.
- Enhancement: Support for M3U extended information.
- Enhancement: Support for streaming playlists that
include other playlists.
- Enhancement: Hide the "Palm" choice in Choose Songs
unless there are songs stored in internal memory.
- Enhancement: Perform fewer skin updates on slow
devices (Tungsten E, Treo 600, Zire 31, and Zire 71) to improve response
time when playing high bitrate files. (#2856)
- Enhancement: Improve Communicating screen to better
indicate when it is safe to disconnect. (#3000)
- Enhancement: Add option to show console when launched
from other apps (#3021)
- Enhancement: Improve clarity of messages displayed on
startup and in the About screen if you update Pocket Tunes from the free
version included on some devices (#2907, #2981)
- Enhancement: Improve clarity of message when Basic
users try to play WMA files after trial expires (#2254)
- Enhancement: Periodically update skin while screen is
off so that turning screen on momentarily will show correct song info
- Enhancement: Detect common WMP misconfigurations
during Pocket Tunes install and fix some of the more common ones. Display
message to end-user if their system cannot support DRM music and explain
- Enhancement: Added 1.5 density (QVGA) bitmaps for
common graphics (#2892)
- Modification: Remove option to install T3 files from
- Modification: Remove ability to automatically set
name of Internet Audio URL.
- Modification: Minor internal modifications to check
for update protocol (#3063)
- Bug fix: To prevent out of memory errors, add an
option to pre-allocate code memory (turned on by default on NVFS devices)
- Bug fix: Fixed several MTP communication errors
- Bug fix: Disable screen turn-off feature on iQue to
prevent unexpected crashes (#2434)
- Bug fix: If an alarm obscures the MTP window, keep
processing the communication as much as possible (it will slow down) (#2374)
- Bug fix: Fixed minor display problem in French
- Bug fix: Fixed license renewal problem on devices
with two storage areas (e.g. LifeDrive with songs on both hard disk and SD
- Bug fix: PDANet no longer needs to be closed to use
legacy communication (#2459)
- Bug fix: No longer report lossless WMA as compatible
with legacy service provider (#2160)
- Bug fix: Workaround hard disk buffer problem on
LifeDrive devices that was causing skipping and excessive hard disk usage
- Bug fix: Improve robustness of license file after
some types of nasty crashes (#2431)
- Bug fix: Fixed "Copy from PC Prefs" crash on Chinese
- Bug fix: Change copyright dates to 2006 (#2902)
- Bug fix: To prevent skipping of songs stored in main
memory, store internal songs in the hidden VFS volume instead. This change
causes the hidden VFS volume to be available to end users as a regular
storage volume (#2926, #2987)
- Bug fix: Change text on download to Pocket Tunes
dialog to align with changes for #2950 and #2951 (#2960)
- Bug fix: Remove "Play" option when downloading to
Pocket Tunes (#2951)
- Bug fix: Make "Save" download option save only, not
save and play (#2950)
- Bug fix: Don't allow copy of in-ROM skins, it causes
crash in VFSExportDatabaseToFile (#2920)
- Bug fix: Don't show console if KeyGuard is active.
- Bug fix: Second press of console key dismisses the
- Bug fix: Prevent transfer of unsupported files via
WMP. Without the matching PTunesSP the Pocket Tunes change has no effect.
- Bug fixes: Spanish display problems. (#2799, #2800,
- Bug fix: Rename the built-in volume to "Internal
Memory" wherever it appears on NVFS devices. Remove built-in volume from
Copy from PC Prefs and Choose Songs screens on NVFS devices that don't have
any music stored internally. (#2992, #3055)
- Bug fix: Fix problem with cards that have no volume
- Bug fix: Fixed skipping during crossfade on some
- Bug fix: Fixed numerous problems playing back music
from BUILTIN area on some devices (e.g. T|X and Tungsten E2)
- Bug fix: Fix undesired automatic switch to MTP mode
when entering reg code (#2936)
- Bug fix: Fixed stuttering that could occur when
changing tracks with crossfade enabled (#2203)
- Bug fix: Fixed problem where some streaming audio
played too fast (#2029)
- Bug fix: Handle files that are in use during
- Bug fix: Update doc files for new DRM-supported
- Bug fix: Correctly handle update to pre-installed
version even when the pre-installed version has never been run (#2933)
- Bug fix: Fix typo on low-res version of "HiFi" skin
- Bug fix: Fix menu tap height on high-res version of "HiFi"
- Bug fix: Fixed overflow in MP3 decoder that caused
really long high-quality audio books to lose their place (#2996)
- Bug fix: Fixed problem with playlists getting renamed
to "Untitled" on some NVFS devices (notably the T|X) (#2955, #3082)
- Bug fix: Fixed problem playing copy-protected WMA
files ripped from CDs using Windows Media Player (#2456)
- Bug fix: Removed MTP option from pulldown when it is
not available (#3035)
- Bug fix: Make 'T' and 'H' accelerators toggle repeat
and shuffle off as well as on (#3054)
- Bug fix: Prevent 5-way navigation off end of playlist
from stopping the current song (#3047)
- Bug fix: Make menu item and form title consistent for
Song Info (#3053)
- Bug fix: Fix 'T' and 'H' accelerators to toggle
Repeat and Shuffle off as well as on (#3054)
- Bug fix: Ensure database appinfo blocks are correctly
flushed so that a reset doesn't revert playlist titles to "Untitled" on some
- Bug fix: Alert user when Pocket Tunes stops playing
due to low battery (#3109)
- Localization: Ensure each locale has "prefs" resource
- Localization: Minor translation fixes (#2105, #2471,
- Localization: Remove extraneous string on Treo
Spanish Advanced Prefs screen (#2988)
- Localization: Fix 5-way navigation through General
Preferences screen in Spanish locale (#2894)
- Localization: Fix tip text that became inconsistent
due to prior changes. (#2881)
- Localization: Change Spanish strings. (#2834, #2835,
#2836, #2837, #2838)
- Localization: Fix missing screenshots in Chinese user
- Localization: BP: Fix truncated font names on Skin
Preferences Form (#3077)
- Localization: BP: Fix truncated clipped left border
on Prefs menu (#3077)
- Localization: FR: Fix truncated message in "Checking
for Updates" dialog (#3077)
- Localization: IT: Fix truncated font names on Skin
Preferences Form (#3077)
- Feature: Added DRM support for Treo 600, Tungsten E,
and Zire 71 (#2270)
- Feature: Side button on Treo 650 now works to
- Enhancement: Improve battery life when screen is off
- Enhancement: Allow storing music to internal memory
on T|X when using MTP (#2126)
- Enhancement: Add a message when it's safe to
disconnect MTP (#2457)
- Enhancement: Speed up WMA decoding to minimize
foreground delays (#2311)
- Enhancement: Add "Found New Hardware" wizard
explanation after install completes (#2519)
- API: Added File browser option to the API (sublaunchable
- API: Add API call to cause the power button to stop
playing music. (#2511)
- Bug fix: Change "Treo 600" to "Treo" in background
- Bug Fix: Legacy communication can now take place even
if you haven't performed a HotSync operation (#2494)
- Bug fix: Fixed crash scanning card if there are
non-displayable directories (#2521)
- Bug fix: Prevent infinite loop with
- Bug fix: Hide File Browser option if File Browser is
- Bug fix: Metering bug fixes for music stores that
support it (#2462)
- Bug fix: Minimize background processing when device
is being used interactively (#2302)
- Bug fix: Fix screen turn-off problem on slow devices
- Bug fix: Fix auto-dismiss of some warning messages
- Bug fix: Fix installer to correctly set MTP mode when
using WMP 9 with Rhapsody installed (#2064)
- Bug fix: Fix problems with album/artist names that
end in a period (e.g. "R.E.M.") (#2298)
- Bug fix: Fix problem with "can't play song"-type
error message appearing multiple times (#1601)
- Bug fix: Fix crash that rarely occurred when ejecting
SD card (#2536)
- Bug fix: Improve handling of incoming phone calls
- Bug fix: Don't trigger the console if the pressed key
is waking up the device. (#2747)
- Bug fix: Remove advanced options that do not apply to
the Treo when running on a Treo. (#2722)
- Bug fix: Don't show option for power button to turn
off the screen when the device is a Treo. (#2756)
- Bug fix: Allow space bar to pause/play. When the
console is up, 0 or Alt dismisses it. (#2630)
- Bug fix: Side buttons control volume when in pTunes
even if music is stopped. (#2604)
- Bug fix: Ensure inactive sound streams are closed
when turning off. (#2637)
- Bug fix: Changing the case of a playlist name no
longer mangles it. (#2682)
- Bug fix: Don't allow a playlist with a blank name.
- Bug fix: Fix second press of console button to
dismiss console (#2629)
- Localization: Chinese translation improvements
- Bug fix: Fixed crash on LifeDrive when checking for
- Bug fix: Fixed reconnection problem with streaming
- Feature: Add support for downloadable/purchasable
music from popular online music stores (#1453)
- Feature: Added support for MTP communication protocol
to allow better integration with Windows Media Player and other PC player
Version 3.0.9 3/31/05
- API: Added call to reset idle timer to keep the
screen from turning off (#2083)
- Bug fix: Fixed handle leak (#2069, 2072)
- Bug fix: Fixed improper pause/resume behavior on GSM
- Bug fix: Fixed unusual hang when streaming audio on
- Localization: Added tips to some dialogs for Italian,
Brazilian Portuguese, French, Spanish
- Localization: Various changes. (#2049, #2053, #2073,
#2074, #2075, #2076, #2077, #2078, #2079)
Version 3.0.8 3/21/05
- Bug fix: Fixed crash after 15th launch of pTunes on
some devices (#2069)
- Bug fix: Focus ring highlight bug in Choose songs
Version 3.0.7 3/5/05
- Feature: Added support for 5-way navigation of skins
on supported devices
- Feature: Add improved support for transfering music
with RealPlayer (#1879, ...)
- Feature: Increased streaming audio buffer to 256KB
- Enhancement: Updated icons in Choose Song screen
- Enhancement: More skin features
- Enhancement: Skins that have a slider bar on top of a
progress bar now display properly.
- Enhancement: Add skin support for sliders whose
minVal is greater than the maxVal.
- Enhancement: Redesign of popup console. (#1777)
- Enhancement: 5-way navigation works in popup console
when music is paused (#1776)
- Enhancement: Added skin option for playlist not to
draw up/down arrows (#1903)
- Enhancement: Added skin option for playlist to use
inverse video for selection (#1904)
- Enhancement: Enhanced auto update (#1814)
- Enhancement: Resume playback after phone call
- Enhancement: If SD card is removed while song is
playing from it, song is unselected (#1973)
- Enhancement: Added new API function so that ring tone
players can disable the auto-pause functionality of Pocket Tunes (#2009)
- Modification: Renamed ShoutCast to Internet audio
- Modification: New Pocket Tunes and NormSoft icons!
- Modification: Renamed "Playlist" to "Manage Playlists"
- Modification: Error messages no longer specific to
- Modification: Update copyright to 2005 (#1992)
- Modification: Modify the 5-way navigation behavior to
match newer devices (#2042)
- Modification: Moved "Manage Playlists" menu item to
top of Actions menu (#2020)
- Bug fix: Fixed bug that prevented new skin strings
- Bug fix: Fixed song duration display bug with
medium/small fonts (#1890)
- Bug fix: Fixed display problem for UTF16 ID3v2 tags
- Bug fix: Fixed display problem for WMA files without
- Bug fix: Fixed bug that caused ChangedCondition skin
action to always fire
- Bug fix: Fixed flickering with skin progress bar
- Bug fix: Fixed problem where transparent
non-scrolling text area might sometimes scroll.
- Bug fix: Fixed redraw issue when resizing screen on
- Bug fix: Work aroud a timing bug on T5 that causes
virtual graffiti area to get "stuck" while playing music (#1897)
- Bug fix: Fixed bug that could cause PC to crash when
using WMP and Real Desktop at the same time. (#1870)
- Bug fix: Fixed screen corruption problem when
resizing screen with a list of items.
- Bug fix: Added 5-way navigation of the bookmarks
- Bug fix: Fixed communication error when saving large
files to NVFS. (#1913)
- Bug fix: Song duration wasn't displaying on built-in
- Bug fix: Sometimes power came back on with TT5
immediately after turning off (#1894)
- Bug fix: Treo 600/650 loses USB connection when
screen turns off (#1529)
- Bug fix: Fixed problem with GlooNet where it doesn't
advance to the next song when using M3U files (#1898)
- Bug fix: Fixed problem with GlooNet where pausing
would cause a disconnect (#1899)
- Bug fix: Fixed rare crash on startup (#1948)
- Bug fix: Tapping OK in Choose Songs with nothing
selected no longer erases your song list. (#1953)
- Bug fix: Splash screen doesn't come up if music is
already playing (#1956)
- Bug fix: Fixed problem with RealPlayer where you
couldn't delete music that had just been copied over (#1880)
- Bug fix: Fixed problem where songs appeared 4 times
in RealPlayer (#1882)
- Bug fix: Fixed crash when deleting the current
in-memory playlist (#1969)
- Bug fix: Fixed minor memory leak with USB
communication library (#1972)
- Bug fix: Fixed minor memory leak in skin code (#1972)
- Bug fix: Disable hot keys when features aren't
- Bug fix: Left/Right buttons now work on new devices
for background console triggering (#1971)
- Bug fix: Fixed default buttons on all alerts (#1975)
- Bug fix: Fixed hang when popup occurs over splash
- Bug fix: M3U playlists are now allowed with
non-English characters (#1891)
- Bug fix: Fix reading WMA files with text-based track
#s and years (#1909)
- Bug fix: Properly pause playback on incoming/outgoing
call on Treo 650 (#1927)
- Bug fix: Fixed bug reading/creating M3U playlists on
cards with no names (#1966)
- Bug fix: Use _ as default character when receiving
files via Bluetooth, and don't convert spaces to anything to solve problem
with some broken media software (#2018)
- Bug fix: Fix minor resource leak when switching apps
while music is paused (#2033)
- Bug fix: Fixed uninstaller bug.
Version 3.0.6 12/12/04
- Feature: Support for storing playlists on cards (M3U
- Feature: Support for playing M3U files from
Exchange-aware file browsers.
- Feature: Support for HTTP redirects for streaming
audio - enables support for Live365 streams - www.live365.com (#470)
- Feature: Added option to show song duration in
- Feature: Added "Copy from PC Prefs" screen to specify
where files are copied when copying music from the PC (#1778)
- Feature: Improved support for non-English tags for
OGG, WMA, and MP3 (#1780, #1781)
- Feature: Added background preference item to display
the popup console when playing music from File Browser (#1835)
- Feature: Add Playlists category in Choose Songs
screen. Allows for multi-select of playlists. (#1833)
- Feature: Add support for resizable screens on all
forms that are potentially resizable (#1775)
- Enhancement: Music no longer pauses when going to
playlists screen!! (#1774)
- Enhancement: Added new skins strings/integers (#1763)
- Enhancement: Improve MP3 audio quality
- Enhancement: Added splash screen to demo version
- Modification: Change default category to Multimedia
instead of Unfiled (#1825)
- Modification: Improved the error message when a song
was deleted (#1861)
- Modification: Updated help page resources and added a
few new ones (#1848)
- Bug fix: Windows Media Player will no longer try to
copy WMA files when using the Basic version (#1779)
- Bug fix: Fixed minor memory leak. (#1787)
- Bug fix: Fixed very rare memory access bug (#1796)
- Bug fix: Fixed skipping during crossfade on devices
with flash RAM (e.g. Treo 650) (#1606)
- Bug fix: Fix for not being able to turn off screen
for 5 mins after communicating with Windows Media Player. (#1746)
- Bug fix: Added extra warnings against installing T3
helper files on other devices (#1807)
- Bug fix: MP3 files now go to /Music on the internal
memory of T5 by default (#1841)
- Bug fix: WMA (and other formats) now go to the same
folder as .mp3 files (#1841)
- Bug fix: Fix spurious error message on PC when
disconnecting Palm during USB communication (#1842)
- Bug fix: Skins could unintentionally disable the
snooze timer (#1864)
- Bug fix: Fix problem with some streams that play too
- Bug fix: Fix hang when playing certain unsupported
WAV files from email (#1869)
Version 3.0.5 10/19/04
- Feature: Support for playing music from T5 file
- Enhancement: WMA files can now be played via Exchange
Manager - they must be saved to a card first or played from the T5's
- Bug fix: Fixed problem with 5-way on GSM Treo 600s.
- Bug fix: Fixed potential crash on Tungsten T5 due to
API inconsistency. (#1740)
- Bug fix: Some localized versions did not have Check
for Updates menu item. (#1739)
- Bug fix: Ensure that the free space listed in
crossfade prefs and in Windows Media Player is calculated correctly on T5
due to new memory architecture. (#1751)
- Bug fix: Disable RealPlayer from being used in the
T5's FileBrowser while pTunes is installed. This is required due to a bug in
FileBrowser that prevents pTunes from working if RealPlayer is registered.
- Bug fix: Increased network timeout when checking for
Version 3.0.4 10/7/04
- Feature: Automatically check for updates every 30
days on network-enabled devices.
- Enhancement: HiFi skin can now switch between MM/DD
date format and DD/MM format by tapping on the date.
- Bug fix: Minor bug fixes with HiFi skin.
- Bug fix: Improved compatibility with all devices.
- Bug fix: Pick the correct default skin based on the
resolution of the device (#1695)
- Bug fix: Fix for some devices (e.g. Zire 71, Treo
600) to work with WMP 10 (#1674)
- Feature: Enable screen turn off on iQue 3600. (#1368)
- Feature: Menus can be accessed by typing the
accelerator key without going to the menu first (#1633)
- Feature: Pressing a-z or 0-9 while choosing songs
jumps to the first song with that letter/number. (#1474)
- Enhancement: Add warning when USB communications
- Enhancement: Speed up loading of MP3 files.
- Enhancement: Keep Palm on for at least 5 minutes
after communicating with PC to avoid interrupted communications (#1582)
- Bug fix: Fixed crash on T3 playing 24kHz (T3 can't
use 24kHz due to bug in OS). (#1660)
- Bug fix: Added warning if PDANet is running, asking
user to shut it down before trying to copy files. (#1654)
- Bug fix: Don't allow running on PalmOS 6 (PalmOS 6
version coming soon) (#1656)
- Bug fix: Fixed unusual crashes when some plugins are
not loaded / unavailable (#1647, 1648)
- Bug fix: Fixed Treo 600 nav bug with menus on Choose
Songs and Edit Playlist screens (#1332)
- Bug fix: Fixed background play detection to work
correctly when an "interrupted" song is being played from the API. (#1376)
- Bug fix: Fixed divide by 0 error in Ogg plugin
- Bug fix: Fixed screen redraw problem on Zire 31 with
- Bug fix: Fixed crash when pTunes is run from
expansion card while playing in background (#32)
- Bug fix: Fixed crash due to memory exhaustion
scanning corrupt cards (#1479)
- Bug fix: Fixed crash with DateBk5 with background
button set to the datebook button (#1635)
- Bug fix: Fixed crash with invalid API call (append to
empty playlist) (#1447)
- Bug fix: Fixed focus of "Untitled" when creating new
playlist on Treo 600 (#1637)
- Bug fix: To avoid apparent lockups, limit scanning
for MP3 frames to the first 128K of non-tag data. Also speed up skipping of
large tag data. (#1659)
- Bug fix: If expansion card is removed while playing
WAV files, display 0:00 for the song position instead of a random number.
- Bug fix: Fix ocassional crash at end of MP3 files.
- Bug fix: Fix ocassional crash with WiFile (#1605)
- Bug fix: When scanning, ignore ._ files from MacOS X
- Bug fix: Clarify term of license. (#1608)
- Bug fix: Fixed artist display for some WMA files. If
you have an Unknown or incorrect artist displayed for a WMA file, eject your
card and re-insert it while Pocket Tunes is running to re-index the music.
- Feature: WMA support. (#982)
- Feature: Windows Media Player interface for
organizing and loading audio files (#1397)
- Feature: Songs can now be browsed by artist, album,
and/or genre. (#951)
- Feature: Play Lists are automatically updated when
songs are added/removed.
- Feature: WAV files can be streamed from email/web
without an expansion card.
- Feature: Added plugins screen to manage installed
- Feature: Support for Sony's jog dial, left/right
buttons on TH55, and remote on NX series. (#70)
- Enhancement: Ogg Vorbis is now a separate plugin.
- Enhancement: WAV is now a separate plugin. (#1395)
- Enhancement: Support for .mp1 and .mp2 files (#959)
- Enhancement: Ad-hoc playlists keep playing when
choosing playlists. Named playlists will still be paused.
- Modification: Select All returns immediately now.
- Bug fix: Work around a LAME encoder bug for
calculating song duration for some VBR MP3 files.
- Bug fix: Fixed crash on Zodiac/Treo when switching
apps when paused (#1441, #1470)
- Bug fix: Improved error handling in low memory
- Bug fix: Improved volume response at very low levels
- Bug fix: Plugging/unplugging Treo 600 no longer
- Bug fix: If you rename your card or move files to a
new card, Pocket Tunes will find the new files and automatically update the
- Bug fix: Better handling of when there are 2 cards
with the same name (#1247)
- Bug fix: Fixed screeching noise when seeking in MP3
- Bug fix: Fix display of song titles with duplicate
- Bug fix: Fixed free space reporting in WMP and
Crossfade prefs (#1569, #1583)
- Bug fix: You can now delete the currently-playing
- Bug fix: Fix potential crash with skin loaded from SD
- Bug fix: Fixed crash when using custom font and
displaying time form on Tungsten T3 (#1596)
- Bug fix: Fixed problem with vertical sliders (#1436)
- Bug fix: Fixed problem with crossfade not working
- Bug fix: Fixed problem with Pocket Tunes API
kPocketTunesActionGetValue that could cause a crash (#1426)
- Bug fix: Balance was slightly off-center even with
the slider centered. (#1382)
- Bug fix: If /Audio doesn't exist when accepting an
audio file via Exchange, then create it (#1387)
- Bug fix: Fixed Sys error that can occur on T3 if you
don't install the supporting PRC files (#1414)
- Bug fix: Network M3U files with no line-ending would
not load properly (#1383)
- Bug fix: Fixed ShoutCast song title corruption
problem when reconnecting (#1429, #1419)
- Bug fix: Fix crash when networking is turned off
while playing ShoutCast (e.g. by quitting NetFront) (#496)
- Bug fix: Automatically reconnect when quitting
NetFront if the Disconnect on Termination setting is on and ShoutCast is
- Bug fix: Fixed crash when using Button 1 for the
popup console on TH55 (#1417)
- Bug fix: Fixed problem with screen turning back on
when turning it off with the power button the Zodiac (#1371)
- Bug fix: Fixed a rare crash that could occur when
crossfading short audio files (#37)
- Bug fix: Didn't remember your directory when using an
unlabeled card (#1432)
- Release note: Added release notes document, which
includes known bugs, etc.
Version 2.3.2 2/27/04
- Bug fix: Fixed crash with ShoutCast stations that
buffer for 20 seconds.
Version 2.3.1 2/26/04
- Bug fix: Fix crash when using other apps (e.g. LightWav)
or playing ShoutCast.
- Bug fix: Fixed API bug with repeat/shuffle.
Version 2.3 2/25/04
- Feature: Support M3U files accessed from a web page.
- Feature: Support playing MP3/OGG files from an HTTP
- Feature: Support Exchange manager for playing MP3, Ogg,
and WAV files (#521)
- Feature: Added option for power button to turn off
- Feature: Support reading audio files in main memory
- Enhancement: Added ability to get volume, get/set
volume boost, get/set song position, and get song duration from API (#903,
- Enhancement: Added API flag to play a song without
affecting the currently-playing music (#732)
- Enhancement: Improved buffering for inconsistent
- Enhancement: Improve volume boost to improve audio
- Bug fix: Fixed some memory leaks.
- Bug fix: Fixed an overflow bug with streaming audio.
- Bug fix: You can now use the power button to turn the
screen back on (#255)
- Bug fix: Switch from Brushed Metal to High Fidelity for
default skin (#1248)
- Bug fix: Fix rare memory corruption/leak when using
- Bug fix: Tapping "Open" when adding a ShoutCast stream
no longer exits the web browser on Treo 600. (#1372)
- Bug fix: No longer turn off screen after track is
finished on Treo 600 (#1367)
- Bug fix: Improve device compatibility (#1373)
Version 2.2.1 1/30/04
- Bug fix: Fixed a problem that could cause Treo 600 to
ignore all keys when using certain other software.
- Bug fix: Fixed screen lockup problem on Tapwave Zodiac.
- Bug fix: Lowering volume on Treo 600 with volume
buttons would go back to full volume after lowering all the way (#1246)
Version 2.2 1/26/04
- Feature: Added a "real" equalizer in place of the
MP3-only equalizer. (#958)
- Feature: Support using Treo 600 volume buttons to
change Pocket Tunes volume (#1057)
- Feature: Add support for ShoutCast stations that
require authorization, such as di.fm's premium stations.
- Feature: New default skin designed by Lance Wehrung
- Feature: Enabled screen turn-off on Tapwave Zodiac.
- Feature: Enabled background console with Tapwave Zodiac
and added Zodiac-specific buttons to the background button choices. (#931)
- Feature: Tapwave Zodiac action buttons can now be used
to change tracks.
- Feature: By default, Zodiac action buttons control
volume and tracks while in other apps. Can be turned off from background prefs
- Feature: Added option to swap 5-way navigator axes
- Enhancement: Added new skin conditions (#934)
- Enhancement: Added new skin integers (#937)
- Enhancement: Added new skin actions (#936)
- Enhancement: Added ability to negate the left or right
hand side of a conditional expression when defining a skin. (#935)
- Bug fix: Fixed problem with integer operations in skins
- Bug fix: Fixed some minor problems on devices without a
- Bug fix: Improved robustness when encountering bad
- Bug fix: Fixed problems with rotating screen on Tapwave
- Bug fix: Fixed minor skin redraw problem with progress
- Bug fix: Fixed bug where playlist wouldn't display
current song when starting up (#1071)
- Bug fix: Fixed bug where using wide/tall skins in
landscape mode could cause screen to rotate unexpectedly on the T3 (#1146)
- Bug fix: Fixed problem when button pressed or held
event opens dialog (#1153)
Version 2.1.1 11/18/03
- Modification: Registration code changes (#284)
- Bug fix: Fixed excessive refreshing of skin when
closing playlist screen on T3 with tall/wide skin (#272)
- Bug fix: Fixed redraw problem on UX50 with wide skins
- Bug fix: Fixed crash that could occur in low memory
- Bug fix: Fixed problem accessing certain ShoutCast
- Bug fix: Fixed problem where pTunes would continuously
try to reconnect to the network when no wireless network is available (#273)
- Bug fix: Don't reconnect if the user has hit stop or
- Bug fix: Sliders and text areas weren't being hidden
correctly sometimes (#478)
- Bug fix: Minimize flashing when opening/closing DIA
- Bug fix: Don't force the orientation/DIA state when
starting Pocket Tunes with a skin that supports large screens (#279)
Version 2.1 11/12/03
- Feature: All new skin support!
- - Battery indicator
- - Time display
- - Buttons on screen respond to 5-way
- - Scan foreward/backward by pressing
next/prev tracks on screen
- - Transparent background
- - Change song position without
- - much less flickering
- - smaller skins due to compression
- - custom font choices
- - Skin developers can take advantage
of the following new features:
- - Unlimited
number of controls.
- - Automate
almost any aspect of Pocket Tunes through the skin (turn
off screen, set any preference item, control the audio, bring up any
- - Include
custom fonts in your skin.
Transparent bitmap and font support.
- - 8-bit
- - Progress
bar indicator (e.g. for battery level).
- - Vertical
- - Buttons
can now represent the current state of audio playback.
- - Buttons
can now appear pressed when the hardware keys are pressed.
- - Much more!
- Feature: ShoutCast streaming audio support.
- Feature: ShoutCast streams can be launched from any
Exchange Manager-compatible web browser by tapping on the PLS link.
- Feature: Treo 600 will now display high-res skins.
- Feature: Added a Pocket Tunes API (email
- Enhancement: Music keeps playing when browsing for a
- Enhancement: Playlists no longer display pathname.
- Enhancement: Playlist editing is much faster.
- Enhancement: Filenames are now sorted in the Choose
- Enhancement: Added "Song Info" to Actions menu.
- Enhancement: Improved volume curves for better control
of low volume (#146)
- Modification: Changed shortcut key for "Turn off
Screen" to "C"; "2" didn't work on some devices.
- Bug fix: Fix playing of certain MP3 files with garbage
before their first frames (#59)
- Bug fix: Popup console now works when in the web
browser or other PalmOS 5 native applications (#156)
- Bug fix: Fixed problem where files on expansion card
could be ignored if files exist with certain non-English characters.
- Bug fix: Fixed bug where Registration dialog didn't
always come up.
- Bug fix: Use "Unnamed Card" for cards without a name.
- Bug fix: Changed shortcut key for "Shuffle" to H (F was
- Bug fix: Fixed crash that could occur with the file
Version 2.0.5 10/2/03
- Bug fix: Fixed crash that affected some people when
- Bug fix: Fixed problem where the last split second of
audio was never played.
Version 2.0.4 9/6/03
- English & German versions: see release notes for 2.0.3
- Bug fix: Fixed some text in the French version that
didn't fit on the screen.
- Bug fix: Fixed a potential crash when reading some
Version 2.0.3 9/1/03
(French-only release; English release to follow shortly)
- Modification: Hide the "pen swipe" preference if the
Palm doesn't have a graffiti area.
- Modification: Don't show unavailable button options on
the Treo 600.
- Bug fix: Fixed a problem where equalizer settings
didn't take effect immediately when checking/unchecking the Enable Equalizer
- Bug fix: Treo 600 wasn't respecting the "unless in
cradle" screen option.
Version 2.0.3 8/25/03
- Enhancement: Enabled screen turn-off on the Treo 600.
- Enhancement: Pause playback when receiving or
initiating a phone call on the Treo 600.
- Enhancement: Display warning message when trying to
enable "Turn off screen" preference item on devices that don't support this.
- Enhancement: Treo 600 turns off automatically after
playing if you have the "Turn off screen" preference enabled.
- Enhancement: Highlight name of playlist when creating a
- Bug fix: Added work-around to a Tungsten C bug that
causes a crash when trying to play 24kHz files.
- Bug fix: Fixed problem on TT2 that could cause the
sliders to stop moving.
- Bug fix: Fixed rare problem where system auto-off could
be left set to "never" after Pocket Tunes exits.
- Bug fix: Fixed minor problem with file selection colors
in Choose Songs.
Version 2.0.2 8/17/03
- Bug fix: Fixed problem that could prevent Open from
- Bug fix: Fixed ocassional failure to crossfade.
Version 2.0.1 8/16/03
- Bug fix: Fixed a potential crash on the Zire 71 when
- Feature: Crossfade and gapless playback added.
- Feature: Added bookmark support.
- Feature: Added auto-bookmark option.
- Feature: Stop playing music after X minutes. (Advanced
- Feature: Added option to keep the screen on while in
- Feature: Added option to ignore screen taps while the
screen is blanked.
- Feature: Added menu option to turn off the screen (only
works if the turn off screen option is enabled in the prefs and you are
- Enhancement: Add playlist no longer prompts for the
name - it defaults to "Untitled".
- Enhancement (internal): Playlists now use '-' instead
of ':' in their database name to avoid problems with certain
synchronization/backup software that deals poorly with the ':' character.
- Enhancement: Default to the first expansion card
instead of internal memory.
- Enhancement: Rearranged buttons on playlists screen to
make more sense.
- Enhancement: Added "Register" button to registration
- Enhancement: Show your free upgrade status in the About
- Enhancement: Handle 2.0 registration codes for
- Enhancement: When inserting a new card, don't jump to
- Enhancement: Increased the scan acceleration slightly.
- Enhancement: Balance slider now has 9 positions, so you
can more easily tell if it's exactly centered.
- Enhancement: Reorganized the menus to make more sense.
- Enhancement: Added edit menus to all forms with text
- Enhancement: Icons in Choose Songs screen have
- Enhancement: Failsafe checking: If Pocket Tunes detects
that there was a crash or reset the last time it was running, it shows a
warning message and then will not open up the last song or playlist (in case
it was something about the song that caused the crash).
- Enhancement: Show an error when a song can't play due
to using an unsupported sampling rate.
- Modification: Added an "Advanced Prefs" screen and
moved some prefs there.
- Modification: Added a warning about audio quality when
selecting volume boost or the equalizer.
- Bug fix: Popup list in Choose Songs screen correctly
reflects initial selection.
- Enhancement: Support for Tungsten T2.
- Enhancement: Support for 160x160 skins.
- Enhancement: Added Actions menu to access
- Enhancement: Improved support for future devices.
- Bug fix: Fixed problem with Zire 71 & Tungsten C where
audio could not be resumed if you switched apps while the audio was paused.
- Feature: Hold down the left or right buttons to scan
backward or forward.
- Bug fix: Fixed potential crash when pressing select
button in play lists form when there are no playlists.
- Bug fix: Fixed potential crash when starting Pocket
Tunes with the wrong (or no) SD card inserted.
- Bug fix: Fixed ocassional crash on Zire 71 when playing
- Bug fix: Minimize skipping on Zire 71.
- Bug fix: Fix bug rewinding Ogg files on Zire 71.
- Enhancement: Support for new Palm Zire 71 (and probably
- Bug fix: Fix bug reading some ID3v2 tags generated by
- Enhancement: Changed the way screen off timeout works
to work around a number of strange problems that can occasionally occur.
- Enhancement: Added "Voice Memo" button to list of
buttons that can be assigned to bring up the pop-up console.
- Enhancement: Screen turns off while playing in
- Enhancement: Files starting with ._ are now ignored in
the file browser. These are added by MacOS X and are not valid audio files.
- Enhancement: Skins are now sorted alphabetically.
- Enhancement: Skins on cards now have an icon.
- Enhancement: Added "Copy" button to copy skins between
main memory and expansion card.
- Modification: Preferences shortcut is now /R to match
- Modification: Choose skin form is now modal.
- Bug fix: Fixed bug with song details screen causing pen
taps to be ignored.
- Feature: Built-In Skin interface to save memory.
- Feature: Support for custom color schemes with built-in
- Feature: Tapping on title brings up Song Details form.
- Enhancement: All scrollbars now give instant feedback.
- Enhancement: Added menu shortcuts within Pocket Tunes.
- Enhancement: If you're stopped at the end of a song and
hit play, pTunes now restarts the song automatically.
- Enhancement: Equalizer settings take effect
- Enhancement: Pause playback when you turn off the Palm
while playing in the background.
- Enhancement: Skins can be installed to /PALM/Programs/PocketTunes
- Modification: Removed "Could not move song" msg box in
favor of a simple system beep.
- Bug fix: Pocket Tunes app database could sometimes
remain locked if you cancelled the initial "Choose Skin" dialog (very rare).
- Bug fix: With shuffle turned on, play list song
selection didn't work right.
- Bug fix: Fix problem with some ID3v2.3 tags.
- Bug fix: Fix display problem with some ID3v1 tags
padded with spaces.
- Bug fix: Fix problem displaying ID3v2.3 tags with long
frames (e.g. images).
- Bug fix: Now plays strange MP3 files with WAV headers.
- Bug fix: Fix crash that can occur with fresh install of
pTunes when changing playlist preference before playing music.
- Bug fix: Fix reading title of some non-comforming ID3v1
- Bug fix: Fix reading some ID3v2 frames.
- Bug fix: Fix handle allocation bug that could cause
crash w/ background play.
- Bug fix: Missing newline after some genre frames.
- Feature: Option to display playlist in comment area.
- Feature: Support for ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags on MP3 files.
- Enhancement: Rewrite MP3 access functions to improve
stability and reduce memory usage by 64K.
- Bug fix: LED doesn't blink when Palm is turned off any
- Bug fix: Fixed problem with repeat and shuffle buttons.
- Enhancement: Brand new default skin greatly improves
- Bug fix: Attempt to fix some spurious crashes/hangs.
- Enhancement: Sped up PCM conversion of MP3 files a tad.
- Documentation: Updated docs & FAQ for equalizer.
- Feature: Graphic equalizer (currently only works for
- Feature: Store up to 8 presets for the equalizer.
- Feature: Added Volume Boost option.
- Enhancement: Moved background preferences to its own
- Enhancement: The menu is displayed by tapping on the
title of the default skin (near the top of the screen for other skins).
- Enhancement: Finer volume adjustment with the 5-way
- Enhancement: Added option to start playing when pTunes
- Enhancement: Added option to enable/disable auto-off on
- Modification: Pressing the previous track button will
go to the beginning of the track first, and then go to the previous track.
- Bug fix: Fixed bug where screen could turn off while
displaying preferences, about, or choose skin screen.
- Bug fix: Fixed bug where 8-bit WAV files had lots of
skips (actually a PalmOS bug we had to work around).
- Bug fix: Fixed bug reading past end of some WAV files.
- Bug fix: Fixed bug where console swipe was only working
from top-half of some silk screen buttons.
- Bug fix: Fixed bug where screen sometimes turns on
- Bug fix: Seeking or stopping/starting MP3 caused a
split second of audio to be played incorrectly.
- Bug fix: Seeking to the end of an MP3 would actually
seek to the start.
- Bug fix: Fixed crash when tapping on Home button from
Choose Song screen when editing playlist.
- Bug fix: When hit end of song, you can now play the
song again without having to re-select it.
- Bug fix: Fixed bug where you can select empty line in
- Bug fix: Disable console in apps that don't have proper
forms (e.g HotSync). Avoids a potential crash.
- Feature: MP3 support
- Feature: Plugin support
- Modification: When entering Pocket Tunes, songs don't
start playing automatically anymore. The last position within the song
is still remembered.
- Bug fix: Don't let the Palm go to sleep while playing
in the background.
- Feature: Background play. If you leave Pocket Tunes
while playing a song, it will continue to play in the background. Songs also
continue playing while changing skins, changing preferences, or viewing the
- Feature: Pocket Tunes console. While playing in the
background, you can bring up the Pocket Tunes console to switch tracks, pause,
change volume, or launch Pocket Tunes.
- Feature: Added Delete button on file browser screen.
- Feature: Double-click 5-way navigator to bring up
playlist and use navigator to browse and select a playlist to play.
- Feature: Added an option in the preferences to keep the
screen on while the Palm is in the cradle (i.e. charging).
- Feature: Support for AeroPlayer plugins (including
- Enhancement: Remember position in song when returning
- Enhancement: Remember song list even if it wasn't
chosen from a playlist.
- Enhancement: Skins can be stored on flash card.
- Bug Fix: If you turn off the device while playing and
you have screen turn off enabled, it will wake up periodically and play a
snippet of music before going back to sleep. Fixed.
- Bug Fix: If your trial period is expired, you are
reminded between each song. However, if the screen was off, it wasn't being
turned on so you couldn't see the reminder. Fixed.
- Bug Fix: If the device auto-offs while paused/stopped,
and you use the 5-way navigator to turn the device back on, the screen would
- Bug Fix: If you have a play list with 1 song, it
wouldn't remember that you were playing that song.
- Bug Fix: Screen auto-off timer was not being reset when
using the 5-way navigator to change volume or skip tracks.
- Bug Fix: Fixed a potential crash if you delete your
- Documentation: Added some FAQs and information about
- Feature: Added auto screen off and LCD blink
- Feature: Tapping on time display toggles between count
- Feature: Added "Choose Skin" menu item to select a
- Enhancement: Increased volume to 200%.
- Enhancement: After creating a new play list, you are
immediately brought to the Edit screen.
- Enhancement: Internal branding changes
- Bug fix: Fixed crash when you deleted currently-playing
Version 1.0 Hotfix
- Bug Fix: Fixed problem with installing files by